Human Resource Management Softwares (HRM Softwares) have been around for quite some time and have evolved incredibly in the past few years. They help HRs across the world with a multitude of tasks and processes including Applicant Tracking System (ATS), onboarding, attendance, company policies, payroll, appraisal, grievance management, taxation, managing employee databases, and a lot more. Their significance has revolutionized the Human Resource domain to a large extent.
A Good HRM Software Offers –
1. Applicant Tracking Feature
Every organization recruits / hires new employees at all points in time. The physical handling of this aspect is a cumbersome process altogether. HRM software reduces time while increasing productivity with automation processes.
2. Employee Management
Post recruitment and onboarding, managing the life cycle of an employee become the next step. HRM software offers some unique features to rescue the HR Department:
- Attendance and Leave Management: Gone are the days when spreadsheets were used for manual tracking of leaves and attendance. These softwares allow easy tracking of attendance via check-ins and check-outs as well as leaves of the employees at the click of a button.
- Performance Management: Tracking the performance of an employee has never been so hassle-free. KRAs and KPAs can be rigorously monitored monthly, quarterly, or annually without bias or prejudice.
- Benefits Administration: The Rewards and Recognition (RnR) feature of HRMS helps companies to recognize and acknowledge potential within the employees via early appraisals, promotions, and so on.
- Workflows: Standard and Custom workflows exist to simplify the lives of the HR in the organization. It helps automate the mundane, day-to-day tasks to save both time and energy of employers and employees.
- Payroll Management: HRM software is integrated with payroll software so much so that they run the monthly salary calculations at the end of the month.
- Analytics: HR software has inbuilt analytics features that help understand various aspects of employee life-cycle, for example, hiring, management, and retention.
3. Employee Portal Access
Each employee has easy access to their instance of HRM software from where they can easily check their status, attendance, leaves, performance, etc. This reduces irregularities and cements trust and confidence.
4. Learning & Development
HRM software hosts Learning Management Systems (LMS) that help in all round development of employees of their domains. They help train employees in aspects that they lag, hence aiding in bridging the gap.
With the digitalization of the HR domain, HRMS offers a new set of tools & approaches, leading to decreased time and resources spent on performing mundane tasks, while increasing focus on attracting, motivating, and developing expertise. Picking suitable HR management software and implementing it into your existing processes can make an immense difference to the company’s future growth and prosperity.