Employee Grade: N5
Reporting to: Medical Superintendent
Minimum Qualification: Graduate
Nature of Duty: Full time
Purpose of the position:
Being the first point of contact of the patient within the hospital, the front office is a very
important department for the successful running of the hospital.
The main purpose of the front office staff is patient registration and information management.
Duties and responsibilities:
Following activities to be performed at the front office counter
- IP registration
- OP registration
- Patient enquiry
- Registration of patient details in HMIS
- Managing OPD appointments
- Maintaining mail records
- Managing medical records requisition.
- Patient bed management (bed allotment, transfer & bed booking)
- Guiding the patients to the respective area.
- Preparing and distributing patient list for every floor each day
- Coordinating with different departments for speedy discharges
- OP reports dispatch at diagnostics centre
- Attend and redirect internal and external calls
- Redirect candidates for interview
- Providing “Request form for indoor case paper” to relative/ patient and
- Coordinating with MRD technician and billing department for providing Xerox of indoor case paper to the patient/relative